Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Research Tip

I often find an image on the internet that I really like but if it's on websites like Pinterest, It may not have the source of the image or information about the image. I recently found out something that may help and I'm going to make a note of it here.


Let's say I saw this and wanted to find out it's location for filming purposes I would bring up the image
Right click the image and select "copy image URL"




I would then go to Google Images and click on the camera in the search bar and paste in the URL and search

Then it will search for that URL and the description of the picture into google and all of the websites that have used that picture



Then you have to do a bit of searching. If you're looking for information on the picture rather than the original image it seems to be easier. I don't know if it's the source but I found out where the building is, more pictures form different angles, the history of the building and who made it. 
I don't know how relevant it is but I thought I should post it here, if not for readers then as something for me to look back on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment